The Rural Area Training Program
Teagasc and DAFM have developed a new web portal called Opt-In which highlights employment related skills development and personal development opportunities. Click on the link below for more information.
The portal was launched at the National Ploughing Championships by Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine, Andrew Doyle TD
Business Development/ Enterprise Centre(s) Manager
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our Enterprise Centres and create jobs in West Limerick.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing and developing the three Enterprise Centres based in Kantoher, Broadford and the Red Door in Newcastle West. West Limerick is also synonymous with food business and as a key part of this role would be to further develop food businesses –experience in food business would be very important.
The primary goal is to attract
- Existing businesses with expansion plans and
- New businesses to set up in one of three locations with the objective of creating jobs and increasing employment in the three locations.
- Conduct research to identify businesses with expansion plans, foreign direct investment opportunities through Connect Ireland as well as identifying people with startup business ideas
- Identify and meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Contact prospects to set up meetings
- Plan and implement marketing initiatives
- Build relationships with prospects by networking at conferences, meetings, lunches and other social events
- Use knowledge of the market , identify and develop the Centre’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Developing proposals
- Negotiate and close deals
- Achieve sales goals
- Manage the Enterprise Centres on a day to day basis
- Negotiate new lettings and renewals to increase Enterprise Centres profitability
- Prepare monthly progress reports for each Centre and attend regular meetings with Boards of Directors
The skills you need to excel in this position include:
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Creative talents and the ability to solve problems
- In-depth knowledge of industry trends
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational ability
- A minimum of 5 years proven work experience in food business ,sales, marketing , rural development or other relevant areas
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication and Influencing skills
- Excellent ability to build rapport
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A passion for rural and community development
- A full clean current driving licence and be prepared to travel and work outside normal working hours
Term: 2 Year Contract. Position based out of Kantoher Enterprise Centre.
Apply with cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, 15th September 2016
Canvassing will disqualify
Kantoher based, chicken manure firm, BHSL teams up with State of Maryland in €3m pilot energy project.
Brothers Jack O’Connor (Left – Founder and Chief Technology Officer) and Declan O’Connor (right – Chief Executive Officer) stand in front of the BHSL Energy Centre prior to it being shipped to Maryland last week. Irish agri-tech business BHSL has agreed a $3m pilot project with the State of Maryland to trial its pioneering manure-to-energy technology which is aimed at transforming the environmental impact of the global poultry industry. BHSL employs 28 people at its headquarters in Ballagh, County Limerick.
Picture 3: BHSL staff stand in front of the BHSL Energy Centre prior to it being shipped to Maryland last week. Irish agri-tech business BHSL has agreed a $3m pilot project with the State of Maryland to trial its pioneering manure-to-energy technology which is aimed at transforming the environmental impact of the global poultry industry. BHSL employs 28 people at its headquarters in Ballagh, County Limerick.
Read more about it in the Irish Independent
A snippet from the Innovate Limerick website on Strand Foods relocating to their premises at Kantoher.
Kantoher-based company bhsl was recently featured in the Irish Independent following an EU Commission decision to give the green light to allow poultry manure as a fuel source under their existing regulations. bhsl technology and machinery is used in Ireland, the UK, Europe and Asia to convert poultry manure, and other low-value biomass, into energy.
Read the full article on the Irish Independent website by clicking here.
Read more about bhsl on their own website here.
News of a fantastic event happening in Limerick, Galway and Cork this March/April.
Any potential or existing small business looking to find out information and advice can do so across a whole range of business topics at the ‘Taking Care Of Business’ One-Stop-Shop event. And even better still, it’s FREE!
Here is the link to register for the Limerick event.