A great source of information for potential and existing businesses in Limerick is West Limerick Resources. The article below is from their website and gives advice to small business and entrepreneurs.
West Limerick Resources supports the development of new, alternative and supplementary sources of income and works with entrepreneurs, community enterprises, self-employed individuals, farmers, and small enterprises throughout West Limerick to enhance their development potential. Under our various programmes we offer Enterprise Start-Up and development support including advice, training and business mentoring support.
Our main enterprise supports programmes are:
L&CDP – under GOAL 3 of the Local and Community Development Programme West Limerick Resources provides supports to individuals from the target group who wish to become self employed (this includes but is not limited to the long term unemployed, low income farmers, migrants, travellers, women, the disabled and others who are encountering disadvantage) .
- Advice and guidance to individuals who wish to become self employed (register with revenue, register as an employer, register for VAT, C2 Certificate, Insurance – public liability, product liability)
- General business advice and referrals to other agencies
- One to one Enterprise Mentoring Support (access viability of proposals, business analysis, business plan, budgets and cash flows, pricing structures and quotations)
- Enterprise Training – Start Your Own Business Workshops (four night programme covering all aspects of self employment)
The Back to Work Enterprise Allowance Scheme – If you are in receipt of certain social welfare payments and would like to become self employed you may be eligible to apply for the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance scheme. This Scheme encourages people receiving certain social welfare payments in Ireland to become self-employed by allowing them retain a percentage of their social welfare payment for 4 years. For more information Click here
For further information on the above programmes contact our Enterprise Officer:
Brenda Heath on 069 66290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RDP – Under the Rural Development Programme (formally LEADER); support is available to individual promoters, start up enterprises, existing enterprises and community enterprise. Support can only be provided to micro-enterprises which are defined as enterprises that employ fewer than 10 persons and whose annual turnover or annual balance sheet total does not exceed €2million. Supports include:
- Selected investment in small rural enterprise space.
- Provision for a range of assistance for start-up & expansion of existing enterprises
- Support for the development of innovative products & activities.
- Encouragement of Tourism Activities
- Technical assistance
- General Business Advice and Guidance
For more information Click here